Basic Mini Burgers:
- 1-1/2 pounds Kentucky Cattlemen's Ground Beef
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Smoky BBQ Cheddar, Buffalo Style or Taco (recipes follow)
- Combine Basic Mini Burger ingredients in medium bowl, adding desired Flavor Variation ingredients and mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into twelve 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Serve mini burgers as directed in desired Flavor Variation.
Smoky BBQ Cheddar: Add 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese to Basic Mini Burger mixture. Halfway through grilling, baste patties with 1/4 cup hickory barbecue sauce. Place burgers on bottoms of 12 split small dinner rolls. Top evenly with 24 sweet or dill pickle slices and 3/4 cup prepared coleslaw. Close sandwiches. Serve with additional barbecue sauce, as desired.
Buffalo Style: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese to Basic Mini Burger mixture. While patties are grilling, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce. Set aside. Place burgers on bottoms of 12 split small dinner rolls. Top evenly with thinly sliced celery, shredded carrots, as desired, and some of the hot sauce mixture. Close sandwiches. Serve with blue cheese dressing, as desired, and remaining hot sauce mixture.
Taco: Add 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix to Basic Mini Burger mixture. While patties are grilling, combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice. Set aside. Cut burgers in half and place both halves in each of 12 taco shells. Top evenly with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, salsa and sour cream mixture, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Checkoff