- Cut onion into quarters and slice thin.
- Soak onions in a bowl of buttermilk for 1-2 hours.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees. A little at a time, dredge onions in the flour mixture and drop into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. After 4-5 minutes, remove onions onto paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining onions.
- Sprinkle Dan-O's seasoning on both sides of burgers (1 tsp per burger or to your liking).
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 1 minute before burgers are done.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Place burger, and top each with pickle spears, onion strings and 1/4 cup of Ale-8 BBQ sauce.
- Enjoy your Kentucky Proud burger!
We used nearly all KY Proud products in our burger and we encourage you to try the same! Fresh and delicious!