- Cook the bacon in a large skillet on medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and drain, leaving a coating of bacon grease on the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the beef, breaking it into large chunks.
- Cook beef to 160 degrees, then add in ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, garlic salt, beer and beef broth.
- Stir well, continue cooking until the sauce thickens
- Add in the chunks of cheddar and cooked bacon crumbles until the cheese starts to melt.
- Toast the buns then spoon over the mixture and top with additional bacon, if desired.
Make it a frisco sandwich if preferred by grilling it on sourdough bread.