- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, black pepper, bourbon brown sugar seasoning, minced garlic, grated onion, smoked paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Form four patties and place patties on grill grid over medium, ash covered coals. Cook 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature of 160F, turning occasionally.
- In a small sauce pan, combine blackberry jam, bourbon and smoked paprika for the Bourbon Blackberry Glaze. Heat until jam melts and flavors combine. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, glaze burger with the Bourbon Blackberry mixture.
- To assemble the Burger Sauce, combine mayo, bourbon, bourbon brown sugar seasoning and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- About 2 minutes before the burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During the last minute of grilling, top each burger with smoked cheddar cheese slice.
- Place burgers on buns topping with peppered bacon, lettuce and Burger Sauce. Close sandwiches.
Recipe Courtesy of Donna Gribbins, 2020 Kentucky Derby Burger Challenge