2023 Derby Burger Challenge™
Created By Brian Capps, Louisville, KY
Makes 2 burgers
- Lightly shape ground beef into two 8 oz. balls, set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet on medium-low heat, melt butter, add buns and toast to golden brown; set aside.
- On medium-high heat, add ground beef to skillet, smash with spatula to form a bun-sized patty.
- Add Dan-O’s Seasoning to taste and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F using a thermometer.
- Remove burgers from skillet and allow to rest.
- Top each bun with fig spread and add goat cheese on top of each patty. Garnish with spring mix and hot honey.
Recipe Courtesy of Brian Capps, 2023 Kentucky Derby Burger Challenge