- 1-1/2 pounds Kentucky Cattlemen's Ground Beef
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water or ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Kentucky Cattlemen's Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings in pan; add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper and curry powder. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion and pepper are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Return beef to skillet. Stir in water, black-eyed peas and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Stir in spinach and thyme. Cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Checkoff