- 1-1/2 pounds Kentucky Cattlemen's Ground Beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 package (6-1/2 to 8-1/2 ounces) corn muffin and bread mix
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Add tomatoes, corn and 1 tablespoon corn muffin mix; bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Meanwhile combine remaining corn muffin mix, potato flakes and 1/2 cup milk in medium bowl. Stir until blended, adding enough of remaining milk until batter is just stiff enough to hold its shape. Stir in cheese.
- Drop batter in 12 mounds on top of simmering beef mixture. Cover skillet and continue cooking over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done (the tops will appear dry). Garnish with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Checkoff