Farm Family Recipe
Wanda Lawson, Spencer County
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together beaten eggs, tomato juice, milk, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in crushed crackers and add the ground beef, mixing well.
- Lightly pat the mixture into a 5 x 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 1 hour or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
- Promptly spoon off any excess fat.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!